support commoners communion
Currently, Commoners Communion is a small team of volunteers, led by myself (Strahan), working on creating conversations in Christian spirituality both at home and abroad. At the moment that looks predominantly like;
- A blog
- A podcast
- Live conversational touring
- My speaking intermittently among different communities throughout Aotearoa
- Mentoring and guiding individuals from week to week
There are also many administrative tasks including;
- Studying for, recording and editing each podcast episode
- The writing of blogs
- I'm working on my first non-fiction book and have a scholarship to finish it at Vaughan Park in 2018
- The event organisation and administrative work associated with web hosting and event/tour organisation
- Responding to the many beautiful people around the world who connect with and write to me in person
To continue to grow the Commoners community both at home and abroad through increased podcast and blog content and Prose To Poetry tours in the US and Europe. I would also love to create a liturgy channel to the podcast, more regular blogging, to finish my first book this year, take The Prose To Poetry tour to Germany and to keep building community through the communion, prayer and connection gatherings held both regularly and seasonally.
My immediate need is to raise enough support to allow me to cover my three day's a week for Commoners. This time includes all the work associated with the podcast and writing online, petrol, food and accommodation for the Prose To Poetry tours, small marketing budgets where needed for events and tours, and the development of retreats, learning gatherings and other creative endeavours aimed at sharing the love, beauty and mystery of God with people in liminal and unexpected places.